It's officially that time again. I need to go on a no fast food/Panera Bread kick again. I've been eating out a lot lately. My decision to go what essentially becomes "not eating out" is partially financial and partially health-conscious. This doesn't mean I won't go out with friends, but I'm cutting back on the fast food which is rarely good for me. Also it gives me a good excuse to do more cooking. Since I started on Monday I've made a pretty stellar simple stirfry, and this weekend I hope to try and replicate the potato and leek curry from the cooking class I went to.
What I need to make sure I don't do is slice open my finger again. I managed to nick it pretty well tonight on my veggie peeler I was using to slice Parmesan cheese for a salad. I'm not a fan of blood, especially my own. Gonna take that one a while to heal back to normal. In the mean time I think I'm going to need to stock up on some first aid supplies. I am woefully low on bandaids (also the cheap ones don't stop major bleeders well anyway), but was saved when I found some gauze pads and tape. This is all compounded by the fact I'm trying to do this all one-handed without pulling my left hand out from under the faucet in the bathroom sink. Entertaining to watch if it weren't me doing it. Thankfully I keep a pair of scissors in a cup on the countertop so I could cut the gauze down to size and finally stop the bleeding. And now a few hours later the dull throbbing is gone too. Thankfully only after switching the gauze a little while ago did I actually look to see how bad it was. A little deeper than I expected, but I'll survive.
What I need to make sure I don't do is slice open my finger again. I managed to nick it pretty well tonight on my veggie peeler I was using to slice Parmesan cheese for a salad. I'm not a fan of blood, especially my own. Gonna take that one a while to heal back to normal. In the mean time I think I'm going to need to stock up on some first aid supplies. I am woefully low on bandaids (also the cheap ones don't stop major bleeders well anyway), but was saved when I found some gauze pads and tape. This is all compounded by the fact I'm trying to do this all one-handed without pulling my left hand out from under the faucet in the bathroom sink. Entertaining to watch if it weren't me doing it. Thankfully I keep a pair of scissors in a cup on the countertop so I could cut the gauze down to size and finally stop the bleeding. And now a few hours later the dull throbbing is gone too. Thankfully only after switching the gauze a little while ago did I actually look to see how bad it was. A little deeper than I expected, but I'll survive.
Comments
Post a Comment