I need your help. I'm feeling like I've been slightly less (read not at all) social in Dubuque since I moved here. For those of you not in the know, that was 3 years ago June 5-ish. I was never one for much of a social life (again read...mostly not at all), but I feel like it's my duty to get out of my apartment/work and interact with people. Now I get out of my place on weekends in Dubuque a lot, but it's mostly to coffee shops and parks, i.e. places where I am alone.
So after 3 years, I'm going to be good and do something. I've decided that something is to do a cooking class. Me plus cooking? Perfect, right? The local kitchenware/cooking store does classes. And that's where you come in. I can't decide which one to do. I'm thinking I could still get into the one next Thursday. Or there's one coming up May 24.
Next Thursday is Spring Indian Cooking, Thursday May 12th 6p-9p. $35.00 Enjoy the wonderful flavors of Indian cuisine with Sunil.
And my other option: Paella, Tuesday May 24th 6p-9p. $35.00 Paella is a Spanish dish of saffron rice which includes a variety of meats, seafood and vegetables. Menu: Traditional Paella, Vegetable Paella, and Flan.
So blog readers, which is it?? I can't decide. Next Thursday is still before graduation and could be a bit crazy, but less time to wimp out and not go and I do have a thing for Indian food. But I might enjoy it more if I'm not stressed about everything going on if I go to the paella one May 24. Also, I can't say I've ever had paella, but I've been super curious to try it.
Vote (early and often) in the comments.
So after 3 years, I'm going to be good and do something. I've decided that something is to do a cooking class. Me plus cooking? Perfect, right? The local kitchenware/cooking store does classes. And that's where you come in. I can't decide which one to do. I'm thinking I could still get into the one next Thursday. Or there's one coming up May 24.
Next Thursday is Spring Indian Cooking, Thursday May 12th 6p-9p. $35.00 Enjoy the wonderful flavors of Indian cuisine with Sunil.
And my other option: Paella, Tuesday May 24th 6p-9p. $35.00 Paella is a Spanish dish of saffron rice which includes a variety of meats, seafood and vegetables. Menu: Traditional Paella, Vegetable Paella, and Flan.
So blog readers, which is it?? I can't decide. Next Thursday is still before graduation and could be a bit crazy, but less time to wimp out and not go and I do have a thing for Indian food. But I might enjoy it more if I'm not stressed about everything going on if I go to the paella one May 24. Also, I can't say I've ever had paella, but I've been super curious to try it.
Vote (early and often) in the comments.
Flan! I vote for paella.
ReplyDeleteUm... I pick both (but mostly Indian food because paella has seafood so you won't be able to make that for me later). Oh, didn't you know its all about me? LOL.
ReplyDeleteOh gawd! Paella is THE BEST. But I also love Indian food (I'm actually going to make a curry tonight, I think)....I'm with Amy, you should do both if it's in your budget!
ReplyDeletePaella is AMAZING. That's my vote. You'll enjoy it more too if you're not as stressed, which it sounds like the Indian night might be.
ReplyDeletePaella!!!
ReplyDeletePaella. You're doing this for fun, so avoid the pre-graduation stress.
ReplyDelete