Manda was nice enough to do another henna tattoo for me. So far the tattoos she has done for me have been quotes. This one is no different. It's one of my favorite John Green quotes, snaking up my arm. I had a few people ask what it said today. I'd yank up my sleeve and recite the quote: "My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations." It's from his latest book The Fault in Our Stars. Thinking about that quote made me want to compile a list of some of my favorite quotes of his. Most are from his books, a few from his YouTube channel. Here they are in no particular order.
**--Paper Towns
***--An Abundance of Katherines
****--Let It Snow
^--Vlogbrothers video
- "My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."*
- "Hashbrowns mean nothing without you."****
- "'J'aime les baguettes
.' 'You aime lots of stupid crap.'"*** - "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once."*
- “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”**
- "Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we’re quoting."^
- "And so I [...] kept walking, grateful to be a little boat full of water, still floating."^
- “Talking to a drunk person was like talking to an extremely happy, severely brain-damaged three-year-old.”**
- “I try to live life so that I can live with myself.”^
- “What a slut time is. She screws everybody.”*
- “We all matter - maybe less then a lot but always more than none.”^
- “Those of us who frequent the band room have long suspected that Becca maintains her lovely figure by eating nothing but the souls of kittens and the dreams of impoverished children.”**
- “The world is not a wish-granting factory.”*
- “If people could see me the way I see myself - if they could live in my memories - would anyone love me?”***
- "All I could think about now, as night fell, was how much you can love made-up people, and how much you can miss them."^
**--Paper Towns
***--An Abundance of Katherines
****--Let It Snow
^--Vlogbrothers video
I love this!
ReplyDelete- Steph aka Book_Slut