I can't tell you the last time I saw 2 movies in the theatres in one week. And not only that, but 2 movies I would be willing to see again in theatres. :)
I saw Inception this weekend in Omaha with my friends. What a movie!! It's one where seeing it with a crowd of people at a theatre makes it a completely different experience. And one totally worth doing. It's not one of those movies where you can just show up and turn off your brain. You must engage and follow along, but the story is deserving of that attention. The amazing cast (Leo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Ellen Page, Marion Cotilliard) make the characters so real in what could easily have become a movie lost in it's own mystery. Go see it. The hype you've heard isn't hype, it's deserved praise.
As for Despicable Me, I don't think I've laughed that hard at an animated movie since Up. Cute, hilarious, heartwarming, and just plain fun. The youngest girl is destined to become the new "Boo" from Monster's Inc. The "it's so fluffy" scene you've seen in the previews is only the tip of the iceberg :) All I want to know is how to get my hands on just a few of those little yellow-green minions! They are funny as hell! Steve Carrell pulls out a voice that I sometimes forget is him. Funny, but not over acted, his comedic timing is on display in his voice work here.
These are 2 must own movies for me. Can't wait til they come out on DVD :)
I saw Inception this weekend in Omaha with my friends. What a movie!! It's one where seeing it with a crowd of people at a theatre makes it a completely different experience. And one totally worth doing. It's not one of those movies where you can just show up and turn off your brain. You must engage and follow along, but the story is deserving of that attention. The amazing cast (Leo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Ellen Page, Marion Cotilliard) make the characters so real in what could easily have become a movie lost in it's own mystery. Go see it. The hype you've heard isn't hype, it's deserved praise.
As for Despicable Me, I don't think I've laughed that hard at an animated movie since Up. Cute, hilarious, heartwarming, and just plain fun. The youngest girl is destined to become the new "Boo" from Monster's Inc. The "it's so fluffy" scene you've seen in the previews is only the tip of the iceberg :) All I want to know is how to get my hands on just a few of those little yellow-green minions! They are funny as hell! Steve Carrell pulls out a voice that I sometimes forget is him. Funny, but not over acted, his comedic timing is on display in his voice work here.
These are 2 must own movies for me. Can't wait til they come out on DVD :)
I agree about Inception. I was not expecting that at all.
ReplyDeleteAnd now I am even more excited to see Despicable Me. (I saw a theater in Boise that displayed it as Dispicable Me! I wanted to go tell them. But they fixed it on their own by the end of the week.)