Skip to main content

The calm before the storm

Today was a calm one. A little cleaning and tidying around the house. A few more groceries to buy. Mostly today involved being with the family. We had a fun lunch which ended in us laughing loud enough that we got a few odd looks from nearby tables.

We watched the Badgers win 3rd place in their holiday tournament and welcomed our first relatives to the house. The rest show up either tomorrow or Saturday. Right now Manda and I are camped out in the front room. We did so to watch Glee in private. If you really want to watch something during Thanksgiving you need to quarantine yourself from the family as they have the bad habit of talking through anything. *Anything they don't watch they ask about, and anything they do they give opinions about.* Nothing wrong with that, I just want to watch Glee in peace :) It was adorable if you haven't seen it yet.

Tomorrow brings more family, a few family friends, lots and lots of food, the Packers-Lions game, probably the Mythbusters marathon, and lots of fun I'm sure. I'll keep you posted. In the mean time, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April weekends

I just solidified plans for this weekend today when it hit me: my April weekends are all over the place, and well so very me. Keeping with my new reality of being around Dubuque much more often than I have in the past, I'll be here for 3 of the 4 weekends. Ok, and by here I mean mostly here. I'll explain below. April 6-7 Julien Dubuque International Film Festival --I went to the festival last year with Gretchen. We had so much fun! We ended up seeing a different set of films than we originally thought, but it was still a blast. I was lucky enough to attend the Beloit International Film Festival with Kyle and his family last month, and this year he's coming down to spend the weekend watching films with me. Plus Nicole will be around for the weekend so she's coming along too! April 13-14 Twins game with Amy--We've got tickets to the Twins-Mets game on Sunday so I'll be driving back up to The Cities (I was just there over St. Patrick's Day weekend). I have...

Tough day

I don't know what was different about today, but I really struggled. A headache sidelined me for part of the day. Then I got hit with an overwhelming wave of sadness. And there were tears today. Definitely a crying jag. At some point today I moved past the point of being able to be angry. I just feel sick to my stomach again. Something I haven't dealt with since being on anxiety meds. I'm ok. I think everything just caught up to me today. Hoping sleep grants me some stress-free down time for my brain at least. My heart and stomach are going to need a bit more time I think.

Booklist

I found this in my RSS feed this morning and thought it was a nice way to start the day. It is a list created by the National Endowment for the Arts, and a blogger writes that they claim most American adults have read only six of these hundred books. I've read 23, but about half have been for school; however, some of those I chose to read for a class assignment. :) Here’s what you do: 1) Look at the list and bold those you have read. 2) Italicize those you intend to read. 3) Underline the books you LOVE. (Or in my case turn them green.) 4) Reprint this list on your own blog. 1 Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen 2 The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien 3 Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte 4 Harry Potter series - JK Rowling 5 To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee 6 The Bible (um, how many people have actually sat down to read the Bible? Like, straight through? I'm counting it because I read at least a chapter every night.) 7 Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte (I own it, but haven't read ...