Skip to main content

Earworms

Earworms are those songs (or in my case, bits of songs) that get stuck in your head. Ok, it's one of a few words used to describe it, but it's the one I like the best.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like I constantly have a song stuck in my head. Mostly mine tend to be one or two lines on repeat. If I'm really lucky it'll be the whole song, preferably one I like. As Amy well knows, I also have a tendency to get songs I hate stuck in my head. Most notably Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus songs.

This week it's been RENT. Not the full-length songs. Mostly just the "Christmas Bells" and "Voice mail" pieces. Oh and the line "Because reason says I should have died, three years ago..." It's been a fun week because of that. I've caught myself humming along a few times. I really like it when it's a song I know the words to. When it isn't I have a hard time getting rid of it. Usually singing it through to the next few lines does the trick. Or when in real doubt, just stick a more catchy song there. But then...good luck getting rid of that one.

What's been your earworm this week?

Comments

  1. I have moved past Christmas Bells and I am now stuck on You Okay Honey. I can't stop singing it at work. And Jesse L. Martin I am not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first year of grad school, I drove Brian nearly nuts with constantly singing the phone call that begins, "Roger, this is your mother..." Secretly, I think it's part of the reason he fell for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carissa, that's adorable!! I used to post that one line by line on my friend Chris' facebook wall. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April weekends

I just solidified plans for this weekend today when it hit me: my April weekends are all over the place, and well so very me. Keeping with my new reality of being around Dubuque much more often than I have in the past, I'll be here for 3 of the 4 weekends. Ok, and by here I mean mostly here. I'll explain below. April 6-7 Julien Dubuque International Film Festival --I went to the festival last year with Gretchen. We had so much fun! We ended up seeing a different set of films than we originally thought, but it was still a blast. I was lucky enough to attend the Beloit International Film Festival with Kyle and his family last month, and this year he's coming down to spend the weekend watching films with me. Plus Nicole will be around for the weekend so she's coming along too! April 13-14 Twins game with Amy--We've got tickets to the Twins-Mets game on Sunday so I'll be driving back up to The Cities (I was just there over St. Patrick's Day weekend). I have...

Tough day

I don't know what was different about today, but I really struggled. A headache sidelined me for part of the day. Then I got hit with an overwhelming wave of sadness. And there were tears today. Definitely a crying jag. At some point today I moved past the point of being able to be angry. I just feel sick to my stomach again. Something I haven't dealt with since being on anxiety meds. I'm ok. I think everything just caught up to me today. Hoping sleep grants me some stress-free down time for my brain at least. My heart and stomach are going to need a bit more time I think.

Booklist

I found this in my RSS feed this morning and thought it was a nice way to start the day. It is a list created by the National Endowment for the Arts, and a blogger writes that they claim most American adults have read only six of these hundred books. I've read 23, but about half have been for school; however, some of those I chose to read for a class assignment. :) Here’s what you do: 1) Look at the list and bold those you have read. 2) Italicize those you intend to read. 3) Underline the books you LOVE. (Or in my case turn them green.) 4) Reprint this list on your own blog. 1 Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen 2 The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien 3 Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte 4 Harry Potter series - JK Rowling 5 To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee 6 The Bible (um, how many people have actually sat down to read the Bible? Like, straight through? I'm counting it because I read at least a chapter every night.) 7 Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte (I own it, but haven't read ...