Today we did some baking and food making. Mom made a big pot of chili for lunch. She and I made cinnamon swirl and pumpkin bread (from box mixes). Then we moved on to the candies. Mom got this recipe for Oreo balls. Basically it's pulverized Oreos mixed with cream cheese. You freeze them and then tomorrow, we'll dip them in melted almond bark. We also made what I have just (as in 30 seconds ago) named "Christmas Rings of Deliciousness." We take those holiday circle pretzels and bake them for a few minutes with a Hershey's Hug set in the center, then when they're still melty you top them with an M&M. This year Mom bought some different hugs. She ended up with the Candy Cane kisses. We ended up topping these with broken candy cane pieces. They are fabulous!! During this expedition, Dad came out to help with his recipe, so we put him to work crushing the candy canes. He told us he was "going to make a nice candy cane carpaccio." It was at this point I realized we watch a little too much Food Network. :)
Tomorrow we'll dip the Oreos, and make the peanut butter candy. That is peanut butter in between Ritz crackers and then dipped in chocolate. Yum.
The only problem about blogging about food is that I'm now hungry. Oops. :)
Until tomorrow.
-B
Tomorrow we'll dip the Oreos, and make the peanut butter candy. That is peanut butter in between Ritz crackers and then dipped in chocolate. Yum.
The only problem about blogging about food is that I'm now hungry. Oops. :)
Until tomorrow.
-B
Comments
Post a Comment