I'm a huge college basketball fan. Being a basketball fan as a kid was totally a given. My dad is a college basketball fan, I played basketball in middle school, and we were just 40 mins south of Madison. So of course I was a Badger fan. I had to try harder in college to keep up on the Badgers. Not all their games were covered in Iowa. There was a lot of the online score watching. So after 4 years of that, I put my name in the lottery for season tickets as a grad student. I didn't get them on the first go around, but there were students who didn't pick up their tickets (Who are these people??) and they just went down the list and gave them to the next people. I was one of those lucky students. I had tickets in the last row of the top tier, but I didn't care. I was in! Even better I found out that my new friend Emily also had tickets. Her seats were way better, and for the entire non-conference season I snuck down to the first tier about 20 rows behind the basket. They got a little more picky during the conference season and I ended up in my real seat, but I still loved it. The next year, I ended up with much better seats in the first tier with Em's friends. And we could do some mixing and matching and I got to take a few people to games with me. Sharing my love of basketball is probably my favorite part of having tickets.
This year I was lucky enough to be able to buy a pair of tickets to 4 different games to share with my family. Mom and Dad are going to the game Wednesday night. I love having something that we can share as a family. We've gone to quite a few sporting events (basketball and football) as a family growing up. Those are some of my favorite memories growing up. Or all of us yelling at the tv during the NCAA tournament. Or learning all about how to pick my brackets from both my parents. (My mom consistently kicks butt at picking college ball games. I've lost count of how many times she's beaten all the men in the pool!)
The game today went well, but to be fair tonight was really just the opening ceremony to my favorite time of the year!!
This year I was lucky enough to be able to buy a pair of tickets to 4 different games to share with my family. Mom and Dad are going to the game Wednesday night. I love having something that we can share as a family. We've gone to quite a few sporting events (basketball and football) as a family growing up. Those are some of my favorite memories growing up. Or all of us yelling at the tv during the NCAA tournament. Or learning all about how to pick my brackets from both my parents. (My mom consistently kicks butt at picking college ball games. I've lost count of how many times she's beaten all the men in the pool!)
The game today went well, but to be fair tonight was really just the opening ceremony to my favorite time of the year!!
Comments
Post a Comment