I usually try not to have expectations for theatre shows because you just never know what you're going to get. This is because I usually go to community theatre productions. They can be good, but if you expect good you usually end up being disappointed.
None of these things were true today. Autumn and I went to see the Broadway touring company of RENT with 2 original cast members (Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal). I had hugely high expectations and they did not disappoint! For all of those who know me, you know how much I love this show. It was absolutely amazing to hear Adam and Anthony sing. Seriously, when Anthony started La Vie Boheme and held the first note, we cheered. So freaking awesome. I am clearly not very articulate about it right now. I'm still sort of in awe almost 5 hours later. Oh, and their version "What You Own" gave me goosebumps! I've always really loved that song, but hearing them sing it live was just kind of intense, but so so cool!!
Ok, done for now. Maybe after I've had time to collect my thoughts I can be a bit more articulate.
None of these things were true today. Autumn and I went to see the Broadway touring company of RENT with 2 original cast members (Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal). I had hugely high expectations and they did not disappoint! For all of those who know me, you know how much I love this show. It was absolutely amazing to hear Adam and Anthony sing. Seriously, when Anthony started La Vie Boheme and held the first note, we cheered. So freaking awesome. I am clearly not very articulate about it right now. I'm still sort of in awe almost 5 hours later. Oh, and their version "What You Own" gave me goosebumps! I've always really loved that song, but hearing them sing it live was just kind of intense, but so so cool!!
Ok, done for now. Maybe after I've had time to collect my thoughts I can be a bit more articulate.
Comments
Post a Comment