So I had a conversation with one of my favorite faculty members today about his interesting day. Long story short, one of his students brought their pet snake to class. We both agreed that snakes definitely rank rather high on our list of fears (either rational or irrational)! My favorite quote of the conversation: "I mean I couldn't really kick her out of class for that, but..."
It got me thinking about what other irrational things I sort of freak out about. Bugs don't usually freak me out too much, but worms on the sidewalk do. Bats and birds creep me out big time. Mostly with birds it's their eyes. Not sure why.
Speaking of eyes, as a kid I hated those glass button looking eyes on stuffed animals, to the point where I wouldn't play with ones that had it, or find a way to cover them. Mostly I think it's because they looked too real. Actually, they still bother me a bit. As do sock monkeys. That one I can't even begin to explain, so don't ask.
Other random stuff I fear: walking over vents in the sidewalk in big cities, being trapped in elevators (to the point where I rarely ride alone), and small enclosed spaces.
None of these are enough to disrupt my life or anything, but enough to make me not seek these things out without good reason. What are your random irrational fears? You agree with me on any of mine??
It got me thinking about what other irrational things I sort of freak out about. Bugs don't usually freak me out too much, but worms on the sidewalk do. Bats and birds creep me out big time. Mostly with birds it's their eyes. Not sure why.
Speaking of eyes, as a kid I hated those glass button looking eyes on stuffed animals, to the point where I wouldn't play with ones that had it, or find a way to cover them. Mostly I think it's because they looked too real. Actually, they still bother me a bit. As do sock monkeys. That one I can't even begin to explain, so don't ask.
Other random stuff I fear: walking over vents in the sidewalk in big cities, being trapped in elevators (to the point where I rarely ride alone), and small enclosed spaces.
None of these are enough to disrupt my life or anything, but enough to make me not seek these things out without good reason. What are your random irrational fears? You agree with me on any of mine??
Comments
Post a Comment