So a friend of mine is starting a new blog challenge. Well technically he's calling his blog, his Lorenzo. (Something about the word blog apparently.) He's decided to blog every day for 30 days. Sound familiar?
I've been really good about posting once a week since April. I'm appreciative of the support of my BEDA buddies during April and thought maybe I'd attempt it again starting yesterday. November can be a bit of a crazy month, but I think I'll need some stress relief and a place to vent a bit. Or just a place to share some of the more interesting parts of my day.
I don't usually need a reminder of why I love my job, but seeing examples of it certainly never hurt. Yesterday I got one of those reminders. I showed up about 11 because I was taking comp hour for Wednesday night. I hadn't been in my office for more than 10 mins when a "library buddy" of mine pops his head into my office. "You're here now. I stopped by earlier and you weren't here. Where were you?" I explained, and was told "Ok. Well I suppose that makes sense. I forgive you." He just made me smile. Knowing he'd been in the public computer area about 10 feet from the reference desk, but had been waiting for me. I ended up finding him the "perfect" supreme court case to give his speech about. He left happy, and I was reminded why I enjoy my job. Seeing students excited about an assignment and possessing the skills to succeed is what it's all about! Oh and feeling needed is always good too!
I've been really good about posting once a week since April. I'm appreciative of the support of my BEDA buddies during April and thought maybe I'd attempt it again starting yesterday. November can be a bit of a crazy month, but I think I'll need some stress relief and a place to vent a bit. Or just a place to share some of the more interesting parts of my day.
I don't usually need a reminder of why I love my job, but seeing examples of it certainly never hurt. Yesterday I got one of those reminders. I showed up about 11 because I was taking comp hour for Wednesday night. I hadn't been in my office for more than 10 mins when a "library buddy" of mine pops his head into my office. "You're here now. I stopped by earlier and you weren't here. Where were you?" I explained, and was told "Ok. Well I suppose that makes sense. I forgive you." He just made me smile. Knowing he'd been in the public computer area about 10 feet from the reference desk, but had been waiting for me. I ended up finding him the "perfect" supreme court case to give his speech about. He left happy, and I was reminded why I enjoy my job. Seeing students excited about an assignment and possessing the skills to succeed is what it's all about! Oh and feeling needed is always good too!
Aw, I agree that is what makes it rewarding.
ReplyDelete