I'm just gonna bullet point this one
I think that's about it :) Though like some of you have said...that's the perfect world. If teletransportation or TARDIS are available by then, I'll have one of those too!
- pay off my student loans
- pay off my sister's and my closest friends' loans
- buy my parents' house and buy a house for them wherever they'd like to retire, and set them upw with enough so they could
- set Manda up w/ a place to live wherever she ends up with a job
- set up a scholarship at both Cornell and Dubuque for students who can't afford to go there otherwise
- set up a endowed librarian position at both places because they really need another person
- invest some to live off later
- buy myself a house (with a garage!)
- entice all my friends to move closer to me anyway necessary
- travel with said friends
- knock a few things off the bucket list that were previously cost prohibitive (Olympics, London, Grand Slam event, etc.)
- build myself a room in my house to put all my books, including the bunch I buy immediately after winning
- donate the rest to Cornell and UD with no crazy strings attached (there will be no buildings named after me!)
I think that's about it :) Though like some of you have said...that's the perfect world. If teletransportation or TARDIS are available by then, I'll have one of those too!
your list looks pretty similar to mine...not that I wrote a list.
ReplyDeleteWe all seem to want to buy off our student loans. Those blasted things. I didn't even think about having a library room. I should add that on.
ReplyDeleteCome on, no Becky Canovan Astronomy Building sign for you that's bigger than the building?
ReplyDeleteAutumn totally beat me to the joke!
ReplyDeleteI hope you win the lottery so as I can visit your room of books. You're paying, right?
Totally. You know the house would totally become a Becky "Bed and Breakfast." I love my job too much to quit it, but hosting all of you I can't convince to move near me would be the best side-job ever.
ReplyDeleteBullet point no. 2 covers me, right?
ReplyDeleteYes, bullet point no. 2 covers you. In what world do you not count as one of my closest friends? Do you think I start haiku email convos with just anyone? ;)
ReplyDelete