Today's post is going to be short. The inspiration is just not there today.
Tonight we're getting rain. I like listening to the sound of rain. I'm not so much a fan of thunderstorms. Ones that are far off I'm not so worried about, but we've had some ugly thunderstorms in Dubuque since I've lived here, and being in a second floor apartment with a large front window (and old rattling windows elsewhere) does not help that.
But I do like when it just rains. I can hear it on the roof of the porch, the windows, the air conditioner. I also really like the sound of cars rushing by on the wet pavement. I'm not entirely sure what about that noise I like, but I do. I can't wait til it's warm enough to listen to it rain with the window open while I sleep. Is summer here yet??
Tonight we're getting rain. I like listening to the sound of rain. I'm not so much a fan of thunderstorms. Ones that are far off I'm not so worried about, but we've had some ugly thunderstorms in Dubuque since I've lived here, and being in a second floor apartment with a large front window (and old rattling windows elsewhere) does not help that.
But I do like when it just rains. I can hear it on the roof of the porch, the windows, the air conditioner. I also really like the sound of cars rushing by on the wet pavement. I'm not entirely sure what about that noise I like, but I do. I can't wait til it's warm enough to listen to it rain with the window open while I sleep. Is summer here yet??
Almost!
ReplyDelete