So many things to love this week.
- job interviews--No, not for me. Cara and Manda snagged interviews this week. Job searching is not fun, so getting past the first step is always a good sign :)
- writing community--I got involved in the local writer's guild. Every Friday a fellow faculty member and friend hosts writer's gym (writing is like working out, easier to do with a pal and if you do it at designated times). Last week it was just Lauren and I, but I got some things knocked out. And I never leave on time. It always devolves into crazy story telling. This time with her sister.
- the student org I advise--The ladies (and the guys of their brother org) continually amaze me. Sometimes they stress me out, but they make the 12 hour days I sometimes pull worth it. They wrote and performed a great skit for domestic abuse awareness this week. And pulled off a great movie night for local families this weekend.
- Sunday morning coffee shop writing--There is only one coffee shop (not a cafe or breakfast place) open on Sunday mornings in my city. I love this coffee shop. It was my summer haunt. And since I've gotten back into my Sunday morning writing, I'm back sitting there with my hazelnut latte scribbling away in my notebook or typing away on my laptop.
- visiting Cornell--I'm spending Friday and Saturday in Mount Vernon at Cornell. (My alma mater for those who don't know.) There's just something about Cornell people. They are just good for the soul. I haven't seen Katie since I hosted a bunch of Cornell ladies last spring. And I get to see Sarah again. And another alum friend I haven't seen since she graduated in 2005. I'm also really excited to see my advisor and the dean that was my student org advisor.
I still want to join your girls' student org! :)
ReplyDeleteTeach me the ways of the cranberry scone... I must acquire this knowledge...
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! Have fun this weekend.
ReplyDelete