Posting this early before I get on the road. Lots to love this week.
- the promise of margaritas--When I get to Clear Lake in t-minus 3 hours and 15ish minutes, there will be margaritas. Well Mexican food and margaritas. Gretchen and I have determined this already.
- my YWA jacket--It's so cute. I can never have too many light zip-ups with pockets. :) The front and back from my phone.
- spending the weekend in a cabin with 11 college students--A great way to remind me both how young and old I am at the same time. It also cemented for me what a great group of students they are. More issues (times 3) with maintenance staff than with them all weekend.
- light at the end of the teaching tunnel--Just 2 more classes next week and I am done for the semester! I taught or helped with 6 sessions this week, so not exactly a sprint to the finish, but still busy enough.
- good assessment results--Assessment is never fun, but when the results look good and show student growth, I'm tickled pink.
- free sandwiches--Just got handed a free sandwich (and I haven't yet eaten lunch). Seriously. 90 seconds ago a free sandwich showed up at my desk. Holy week miracle.
- the students this week--Something is in the air. More than normal have stopped by to say hi, just check in, and tell me about life.
- my family--I always love my family, but this week/weekend more than normal. They provided a much needed emotional and physical pick-me-up after a long hectic week.
- Manda graduating with a job--So freaking exciting!!! Love it.
Free sammaches?? Somebody loves you!!
ReplyDelete