B3DA has begun. It's round 3 ladies and gentlemen! I realized as I started to write this post that I had no idea what I was going to write for this intro. Isn't this supposed to be the easiest one of these to write? I didn't want to just use last year's questions because unlike Amy, my answers won't be much different. So after some brainstorming, I thought I'd tell you my story in numbers.
Number of ways I've spelled my first name since birth: 5 (Rebecca, Becky, Beckie, Becca and for like 4 weeks in 6th grade Beka)
Age: 26 (and almost 11 months)
Number of cities/states I've lived in: 4/2 (Janesville and Madison, WI and Mount Vernon and Dubuque, Iowa)
Years since I started blogging: 11 (I started an Open Diary in 2000. The one I started in 2001 still exists there. I don't have the heart to kill it.)
Entries in this current blog: 333 (soon to be 334 when I hit publish on this one.)
Cumulative years B3DA participants have known me: 80 (56 if you don't count the 24 years I've known my sister Manda. Next longest? Blake at 13 years)
Number of library class sessions I'm on track to teach this year: 137 (in approx 6 different disciplines)
Number of organized sports I've participated in: 5 (Softball, basketball, cross-country, volleyball, and tennis)
Number of penguins in my office: 28 (including a set of bowling pins and jacks accounting for 18 of the 28)
Number of pics I took on my weeklong UK/Ireland trip in 2009: 700+ (I also took 11 rolls of 36-exposure film on a 7-day trip in high school)
Number of songs in my iTunes: approx 5000 (I subtracted the audiobook I have in there. *Bonus points for the first person in the comments to name that book!)
Number of words in the story I'm writing: 2,534 (of the 50,000 I promised by June. Oops.)
So that's me in a numerical nutshell. Hope you've enjoyed the intro, and I can't wait to read all your posts for the rest of the month!!
Number of ways I've spelled my first name since birth: 5 (Rebecca, Becky, Beckie, Becca and for like 4 weeks in 6th grade Beka)
Age: 26 (and almost 11 months)
Number of cities/states I've lived in: 4/2 (Janesville and Madison, WI and Mount Vernon and Dubuque, Iowa)
Years since I started blogging: 11 (I started an Open Diary in 2000. The one I started in 2001 still exists there. I don't have the heart to kill it.)
Entries in this current blog: 333 (soon to be 334 when I hit publish on this one.)
Cumulative years B3DA participants have known me: 80 (56 if you don't count the 24 years I've known my sister Manda. Next longest? Blake at 13 years)
Number of library class sessions I'm on track to teach this year: 137 (in approx 6 different disciplines)
Number of organized sports I've participated in: 5 (Softball, basketball, cross-country, volleyball, and tennis)
Number of penguins in my office: 28 (including a set of bowling pins and jacks accounting for 18 of the 28)
Number of pics I took on my weeklong UK/Ireland trip in 2009: 700+ (I also took 11 rolls of 36-exposure film on a 7-day trip in high school)
Number of songs in my iTunes: approx 5000 (I subtracted the audiobook I have in there. *Bonus points for the first person in the comments to name that book!)
Number of words in the story I'm writing: 2,534 (of the 50,000 I promised by June. Oops.)
So that's me in a numerical nutshell. Hope you've enjoyed the intro, and I can't wait to read all your posts for the rest of the month!!
Numbers, interesting take on the intro! My other challenge is to read everyone's blogs all month. We'll see how that goes!
ReplyDeleteIs is An Abundance of Katherines?
ReplyDeleteIt is Amy. Imaginary bonus point to you! :)
ReplyDeleteOooh, I want to steal this and tweak it for my very own. I still have to write my intro.
ReplyDeletethat's a lot of penguins and I beat you in the number of pictures taken in a week long trip...nearly 2,500 on our Washington D.C. trip
ReplyDeleteBeka? Really? Wow. Just wow. I know you were in 6th grade, but...
ReplyDeleteSays the guy using a name he picked in high school as a pseudonym? Really? It was for like 4 weeks in 6th grade after I read it in a book. I was 11. Also probably an Angie influence...you know how it is.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was familiar! Love it.
ReplyDelete