- the library staff--Today our director gave the "Last Lecture" today. Based on Randy Pausch's book, the student government started a lecture series 3 years ago. This year Mary Anne gave the speech. It was as fabulous as I imagined. One of my coworkers thought it would be fun (and loosen her up a little) if we made signs to hold up. Mine said 'Just Perfect.'
- cream puffs--There were cream puffs at said speech's reception. They were delish.
- running around after my cousin's kids--Easter weekend was nice. I got to see my little cousins. (Technically my cousin's kids but you get the picture.) The boys had fun playing catch with me, reading me a book, and checking to make sure they weren't taller than me. (They're not....yet.)
- buying movies with Gretchen--Shopping with Gretchen is always fun, but movie shopping particularly so. Why don't you live closer Gretchen? 3 hours is too far to drive for shopping trips.
- Kindles--We just started lending Kindles at my library. I checked one out today. I'm kinda excited to test it out. I have a feeling an ereader of some sort is on my "to purchase soon" list.
I just solidified plans for this weekend today when it hit me: my April weekends are all over the place, and well so very me. Keeping with my new reality of being around Dubuque much more often than I have in the past, I'll be here for 3 of the 4 weekends. Ok, and by here I mean mostly here. I'll explain below. April 6-7 Julien Dubuque International Film Festival --I went to the festival last year with Gretchen. We had so much fun! We ended up seeing a different set of films than we originally thought, but it was still a blast. I was lucky enough to attend the Beloit International Film Festival with Kyle and his family last month, and this year he's coming down to spend the weekend watching films with me. Plus Nicole will be around for the weekend so she's coming along too! April 13-14 Twins game with Amy--We've got tickets to the Twins-Mets game on Sunday so I'll be driving back up to The Cities (I was just there over St. Patrick's Day weekend). I have...
I love that libraries are experimenting with Kindles and ebook lending - it'll be interesting to see what kind of business models crop up. Hope you enjoy your tester-Kindle - I love mine :)
ReplyDelete