Everyone comes with ideas or things they'd love to see, but can't figure out how to, don't have the abilities, or don't have the drive to make it happen. That's what Hank Green (and originally Ze Frank) called brain crack. If you want to know more about brain crack, you should watch Hank Green's video here.
Here are some of mine.
Here are some of mine.
- I want a list or program or something that tells me the ideal times to stop in a book. You know just before it gets good, or at a natural breaking point. I am constantly reading way too late into the night trying to find a good point to end. But the problem is that I haven't read the book. I don't know when it's good to stop. Make it happen people.
- I want a program that monitors all the ingredients in my kitchen and their amounts and can tell me a bunch of recipes (tailored to my tastes) that I can make with what is already in my apartment. Yes I know I can recipe search on Google and the like. But if I knew what I wanted I would have the ingredients. I want to know what I can do with the raw materials I already have.
- I feel like if I looked hard enough I could probably find this, but I want some good catalog of anthologies. I read a lot of YA authors. And I've decided they are the champions of short story anthologies. I want a place where I can stick in an author's name and find where all of their published works are. And before you smart alecks tell me to check a library catalog, not all anthologies get cataloged to the table of contents level. So don't start.
OK, as long as you warn in the blog post title, you can talk about it. I don't want you to explode.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I actually found an anthology today that might interest you. I requested it because it was edited by Megan McCafferty (Jessica Darling series). It has one written by her, but when I opened it up it also has ones from David Levithan, Sarah Dessen, Carolyn Mackler, & M.T. Anderson. It's called Sixteen: Stories About That Sweet and Bitter Birthday
See. I love David and Sarah but didn't know that existed. That's why I need that to exist. :)
ReplyDeleteRe: reading - isn't that what chapters are for? ;) The third one sounds like an excellent resource - let me know if you find out it exists!
ReplyDelete