I spent most of my day in downtown Dubuque doing various things. I ran errands first, wrote in a cafe, helped run a kid's movie event, and the came down to the river walk to sit and think. I couldn't compress it all into one poem so you're going to get a series instead.
You know you've grown up
when you're the cafe patron
glaring at giggles.
We're all still children.
Finding joy in small things.
Just not the same ones.
solitude; lonely.
two ends of the same spectrum.
i live in between.
You know you've grown up
when you're the cafe patron
glaring at giggles.
We're all still children.
Finding joy in small things.
Just not the same ones.
solitude; lonely.
two ends of the same spectrum.
i live in between.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8
Really liked your post.
ReplyDeleteI live in the same spectrum.
Roommates forever!
Giggles have their place.
ReplyDeleteDisturbing Becky's writing
Is not one of them. :-P
I was excited
ReplyDeleteto post comments in haiku.
Not original. :(
(Just a haiku secret from me to you: The ":)" has no syllables in it, so you can use them as often as you want.)
Not original, :(
ReplyDeletebut it still made me smile. :)
That was your goal, right? :)
I found this to be beautiful, if not just a bit sad. Love you. :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your haiku Becky, though I must admit, they were a bit heavy for me today. On a different day my brain might have been more prepared for the product of your river walk contemplations. Just not today I guess.
ReplyDeletePretty if a little sad, but I know what you mean.
ReplyDeletecomments in haiku?
ReplyDeleteFine I'll do it, 'cause it's fun
grown ups SHOULD giggle