Skip to main content

Friends ... rearranged

Hi again.

This time it's Becky in reverse. A chance to see who I am through my friends. Amy has requested I play the 2 facts game for them. I'm taking the challenge and adding a twist.

Amy: is caring and thoughtful person. She would randomly leave notes or send cards for no reason other than to make me smile :)

Gretchen: is one of the bravest people I know. She moved to Barcelona for a year without knowing a soul (brave) and then moved back to the States to a city of 8,000 where she didn't know a soul (braver).

Emily: is passionate and energetic about her interests. She's the only girl I know who can match my enthusiasm for men's basketball. Overtime games were always a treat with us.

John: is fiercely loyal. He will argue on your behalf until he's blue in the face.

Manda: is the most creative and imaginative person I know. She plans to write a kids' book some day, and I know that she will!

My parents: are absolutely adorably in love and have shown me what love is supposed to look like.

Friends: The Beginning

A quick story on how I met each of my friends (Sorry Manda and Mom and Dad!)

Amy: was the random-ish roommate I picked from the 8 or so responses I get to a roommate-wanted ad through my graduate school. I picked her because she went to a small college, had the same major, and liked Gilmore Girls :)

Gretchen: was the randomly assigned roommate from my freshman year. We'd never met before, but ended up rooming together all through college. (Expect when she was in Bolivia, when I withered away to nothing.)

Emily: and I met when I convinced her to be in my group for a class project, then invited myself to a book reading with her. When I found out she was a b-ball fan, the rest was history.

John: was a resident of the all guy dorm his freshman year. I met him when my friend drug me along when she went cruising for boys. John and I really bonded when we served on Student Senate together.

Friends Rearranged

Each of the following facts is about one of the people listed above including Manda and my parents. It's up to you to figure out who. I'll reveal the answers tomorrow :) HINT: Not all answers have only one solution!


  • 1. has received Advanced Reader Copies of books
  • 2. despite not having cable growing up, they quickly became obsessed with reality shows on TLC
  • 3. planned a diversity program that is now a standard part of 1st year orientation
  • 4. was president of their college dorm
  • 5. bonded over our mutual love of pop culture books and mutual hatred of an acquaintance
  • 6. wouldn't buy me High School Musical because it was too embarrassing
  • 7. got their only speeding ticket in Dubuque
  • 8. got out of a speeding ticket in Dubuque
  • 9. received their bachelor's degree from UW
  • 10. was the manager of the high school wrestling team
  • 11. played club rugby (momentarily) in college
  • 12. was the inspiration for a song of the same name

Comments

  1. This was hard Beck!

    Mandy: 3, 6
    Parents: 9, 8
    Gretchen: 11, 7
    John: 4, 12
    Emily: 5, 9
    Amy: 2, 10

    Emily & Amy: 1

    I know I got some wrong in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried to answer over chat and it was mostly epic fail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy: 2,
    Gretchen: 7, 8
    Emily: 9(?), 11
    John: 2, 4, 12
    Mandy: 6, 3
    Ma & Pa Canovan: 9(?), 11

    Sorry again that you were dragged to Tarr to (in her words, not mine) "hunt for flesh."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April weekends

I just solidified plans for this weekend today when it hit me: my April weekends are all over the place, and well so very me. Keeping with my new reality of being around Dubuque much more often than I have in the past, I'll be here for 3 of the 4 weekends. Ok, and by here I mean mostly here. I'll explain below. April 6-7 Julien Dubuque International Film Festival --I went to the festival last year with Gretchen. We had so much fun! We ended up seeing a different set of films than we originally thought, but it was still a blast. I was lucky enough to attend the Beloit International Film Festival with Kyle and his family last month, and this year he's coming down to spend the weekend watching films with me. Plus Nicole will be around for the weekend so she's coming along too! April 13-14 Twins game with Amy--We've got tickets to the Twins-Mets game on Sunday so I'll be driving back up to The Cities (I was just there over St. Patrick's Day weekend). I have...

--Weekly Wrap Up--

Media/fashion round up of my week TV: One issue with being a fan of a British TV show? Having to avoid spoilers until you can find a copy of it online to watch. Thankfully a twitter acquaintance posted a link to Matt Smith's debut episode of Doctor Who. I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy the show without the darling David Tennant, but it was ok. I still enjoyed it. He's no David Tennant, but I'll definitely still watch. I love the cheeky humor. I also watched the first 8 episodes of season 2 of Veronica Mars while cleaning. Is there a better way to clean? Books: I finally got around to reading "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman. It's amazing. I got quite sucked in to the book. It had me sobbing by the end. I really appreciate books that can tell a story so well that I'm emotionally tied to the characters. If you haven't read it or are not a YA reader, you should pick it up. It's about a 17-year old girl who has a major decision to make about life. I...

Booklist

I found this in my RSS feed this morning and thought it was a nice way to start the day. It is a list created by the National Endowment for the Arts, and a blogger writes that they claim most American adults have read only six of these hundred books. I've read 23, but about half have been for school; however, some of those I chose to read for a class assignment. :) Here’s what you do: 1) Look at the list and bold those you have read. 2) Italicize those you intend to read. 3) Underline the books you LOVE. (Or in my case turn them green.) 4) Reprint this list on your own blog. 1 Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen 2 The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien 3 Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte 4 Harry Potter series - JK Rowling 5 To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee 6 The Bible (um, how many people have actually sat down to read the Bible? Like, straight through? I'm counting it because I read at least a chapter every night.) 7 Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte (I own it, but haven't read ...