Hi!
Time for another random, non-creative blog. Well sort of creative. So I've got some ideas for future pieces. The University I'm working at has a poetry contest. This year the theme is wealth. I'm working on something. I don't know if I'll submit it yet or not. Ironically, it's sort of intimidating to submit it. I don't really have an issue posting stuff here for anyone to see, but the idea that someone I know, who teaches the subject would be judging it, freaks me out. It's totally a perception and image issue. I know no matter what I put out here on this blog I'm ok. Those people who know me IRL will still love me tomorrow, and I like the input from those I don't. The people at work, I see on a regular basis and have to work closely with. Letting them in to see a different side of me and inviting them to judge me feels awkward. We'll see. Maybe I'll post it here first and see what you guys think.
The second project is for the USAToday's OnDeadline blog. They're doing a "What does your town look like?" daily feature. As soon as I saw that my mind was racing about the possibilities in my city. To be honest, I haven't totally fallen in love with it yet, but it certainly is photogenic. Right on the river, built on the bluffs, historic buildings, and angles you can't imagine. I might just do my own series on the city. Then I'll let you pick the one you like most. That one might not happen til the weekend, when I've got a little time to do it justice. :)
Until then,
-B
Time for another random, non-creative blog. Well sort of creative. So I've got some ideas for future pieces. The University I'm working at has a poetry contest. This year the theme is wealth. I'm working on something. I don't know if I'll submit it yet or not. Ironically, it's sort of intimidating to submit it. I don't really have an issue posting stuff here for anyone to see, but the idea that someone I know, who teaches the subject would be judging it, freaks me out. It's totally a perception and image issue. I know no matter what I put out here on this blog I'm ok. Those people who know me IRL will still love me tomorrow, and I like the input from those I don't. The people at work, I see on a regular basis and have to work closely with. Letting them in to see a different side of me and inviting them to judge me feels awkward. We'll see. Maybe I'll post it here first and see what you guys think.
The second project is for the USAToday's OnDeadline blog. They're doing a "What does your town look like?" daily feature. As soon as I saw that my mind was racing about the possibilities in my city. To be honest, I haven't totally fallen in love with it yet, but it certainly is photogenic. Right on the river, built on the bluffs, historic buildings, and angles you can't imagine. I might just do my own series on the city. Then I'll let you pick the one you like most. That one might not happen til the weekend, when I've got a little time to do it justice. :)
Until then,
-B
Is it sad that I imagine all things letter, blog, email, etc. to end "xoxo, gossip girl?"
ReplyDelete