Wow! Where did the month go? I honestly can't believe it's over. I survived the BEDA challenge with 2 blogs. (The second is a collaborative blog I do with my friends called In Your Pants.) I'm not usually very good about finishing things I start. Take New Year's Resolutions. I've usually broken those by February.
I'm going to follow my BEDA buddies lead and end with a recap/what I've learned blog.
I'm going to follow my BEDA buddies lead and end with a recap/what I've learned blog.
- Maureen did an eerily good job matching up our group of BEDA buddies. I understand that we were bound to have things in common, but I honestly didn't think she'd do this well. I've really loved getting to know Nicola, Autumn, and Christina. I never really had solely online friends before, but this has gone so well so far! I'm really looking forward to our epic facebook conversation and continuing to read their blogs and keep in touch on twitter. Also, I loved getting to know Andrea, my unofficial BEDA buddy who found me from the official blogroll.
- I really surprised myself in what I actually produced each day. I didn't exactly follow my creative content 6 out of 7 days a week like I planned, but I still managed to kick out an awful lot of stuff I was proud of. Some days were certainly harder than other others, but overall it got easier to create those pieces toward the end.
- I learned that I'm not alone in a lot of my beliefs and experiences. I like to think that I don't really need validation for a lot of things, but it was really nice to know that I'm not the only girl in my 20's who's thought about keeping my last name, who didn't know what I was doing with my life all through college, who reads YA lit, and names their cars.
- I'm especially excited about having taught myself iMovie so quickly. I've got lots left to learn, but I'm loving creating videos so far!
- Like Nicola wrote, I learned it's easier to blog if you know someone's going to read it. It also makes it a little more intimidating to share some personal things, but it got easier after the first time I got positive feedback :) So thanks. I think I'll try to blog here more frequently than in the past, but it certainly won't be every day!
- Like Autumn wrote, I like the idea of doing a monthly challenge of some sort. I'm not entirely sure yet what I'll do for May. I've always secretly thought I owned too many skirts. Maybe I'll wear a skirt every work day in May. :)
- Like Christina wrote, I've really appreciate the (long) talks I've had with some people recently. I love the extended comment conversations on the Ning and Twitter. And the conversations I've had in the comments of my blog, or on gmail chat with new BEDA buddies. I never really expected my blog to open up those opportunities to me.
awww, thanks. I've enjoyed getting to know you too. It has been fun and I feel like I learned a lot too.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed that Beckie. I agree with you on a lot of that, especially about knowing there are others out there going through the same stuff. It is so easy to forget that sometimes. This isn't the end buddy!
ReplyDeleteIn response to what you said on my post, I know what you mean - the cross-over of ideas we got out of BEDA buddies helped a lot, and that stuff is just good fun! It's so much easier to think of fun things to blog about when other people are doing it frequently, you can feed off one another more.
ReplyDeleteIt's also great to see everyone's personal journey; it's been such a good experience for all of us. Finding out everything you guys have learnt has made me think of even more things I've enjoyed about it. I hope we continue to facebook & twitter it up!