After she ate sufficiently and stayed at the lunch table for a socially-acceptable amount of time, Hannah retreated to her favorite hiding place. Anytime she wasn't in class or 'eating' she hid away in the studio. She'd gotten really good at looking busy. No one noticed that she hadn't produced a new piece since just before Michelle's death. She just rotated the pieces on her work table and told people she was working on the arrangement for the show. Everyone was all too willing to believe her. It was easier than dealing with the real issue. Hannah threw in her headphones and zoned out to Dave Barnes. Next thing she knew a blond tow-haired boy was standing in front of her. "Um?"
"Hi. Can you help me?"
"Uh. Help you?"
"Yeah. I'm moving one of my mirrors and need an extra set of hands. Sorry to interrupt, but you're the only one here."
"Oh, uh sure."
Hannah followed the boy to the freshman area of the studio. She gasped. It was a broken mirror. More accurately a pane of shattered glass, laid over a painting of a girl. It's exactly like she'd been seeing herself for the last 3 months. Broken.
"This piece is fabulous. Where's it going?"
"Freshman showcase."
"Sorry. I don't know your name. I probably should. You're around here pretty often aren't you?" The haze was starting lift.
*The next installment come tomorrow. (The story took a little turn. Sorry. Tomorrow will end it. I promise.)
"Hi. Can you help me?"
"Uh. Help you?"
"Yeah. I'm moving one of my mirrors and need an extra set of hands. Sorry to interrupt, but you're the only one here."
"Oh, uh sure."
Hannah followed the boy to the freshman area of the studio. She gasped. It was a broken mirror. More accurately a pane of shattered glass, laid over a painting of a girl. It's exactly like she'd been seeing herself for the last 3 months. Broken.
"This piece is fabulous. Where's it going?"
"Freshman showcase."
"Sorry. I don't know your name. I probably should. You're around here pretty often aren't you?" The haze was starting lift.
*The next installment come tomorrow. (The story took a little turn. Sorry. Tomorrow will end it. I promise.)
Comments
Post a Comment