I grew up in a household that celebrates holidays. We definitely celebrate smaller ones like St. Patrick's Day with green food, clothing, and gifts, Valentine's Day we always do gifts too. One of my favorite holidays was May Day. As I grew up, I learned this is not a holiday most people celebrate. My sister and I loved May Baskets. We would get up really early on May 1, and run across the street to deliver a basket for our friends. The deal (at least for us) was you had to be the first one to deliver a basket, ring the doorbell, and then escape back to your house without them catching you. I realize now, that the holiday tradition usually includes the idea that if they catch you, they earn a kiss. But to us, it was a competition. And yes, that explains a lot about why I love it.
I've decided to continue my tradition at work. I want to do a little card instead of baskets (because I'm cheap, and if I spend money I might get in trouble). I've taken a bunch of photos of flowers, so I think I'll order prints of them and post them on cardstock. I was hoping to put a cute May Day poem on the back. Problem is, I can't find one I like. So I think I'll have to write my own, but I need some help.
That's where you come in. I need some ideas. What are vivid images of spring for you? When do you know spring is really here? What are your favorite spring memories?
Thanks for all the help :)
I've decided to continue my tradition at work. I want to do a little card instead of baskets (because I'm cheap, and if I spend money I might get in trouble). I've taken a bunch of photos of flowers, so I think I'll order prints of them and post them on cardstock. I was hoping to put a cute May Day poem on the back. Problem is, I can't find one I like. So I think I'll have to write my own, but I need some help.
That's where you come in. I need some ideas. What are vivid images of spring for you? When do you know spring is really here? What are your favorite spring memories?
Thanks for all the help :)
Spring is a cool breeze, green grass, the beginning of the constant humidity, a bright sun.
ReplyDelete