How could I have forgotten that yesterday was TILT? Wow I really was a little more worried than I thought :)
- my co-workers: I adore my coworkers. Absolutely adore them. We drove down to the conference together and had such a blast. I really wouldn't trade them for anything. Everyone is so supportive, and I never would have been able to do half the things I do without the community we create at work. Hanging out and seeing how other staffs interact makes me realize how incredibly lucky I am.
- seeing Jean, Mary, and Jen: I didn't realize how incredibly awesome my librarians were at Cornell until I realized that not everyone got to see their librarians in so many of their classes. :) It's always great to see them again and hear how life's going for them. And now that I actually have something in common to share with them, it's fun!
- giving my presentation: I didn't sleep well last night, evidence that I was more nervous than I thought. Once I got up in front of the room I felt much better. It went well. I felt in my element. I sort of feel like it was my library equivalent of a debutante ball. I just wanted to be introduced to society without tripping in my heels or stepping on my hem. I know I did that, and I might just have impressed a few people :)
- winning the research award: The book chapter my co-workers and I published won the research award this year. We found that out earlier in the week. We joked that if there was a giant check that Mary Anne would have to go get it. She was not happy with this plan. But it was a 2 to 1 vote. Sadly no giant check. Thus no Mary Anne with giant check photo. Some day this will happen!
Comments
Post a Comment