This has been a monumentally long week, but that makes the things I love all that more important.
- my work family- All the staff, faculty, students I see on a regular basis. You are what makes the job worth it. In weeks like this I'm glad I've got my work family to fall back on. And I'm glad that as the semester comes to an end and life seems to fall apart that I can be there for people too, whether that means chairing the imaginary "frou-frou" committee, making sure people have time to eat lunch, providing candy for those who don't, or being there to listen when life just sucks.
- listening to Brewers and Twins games online- For at least the beginning of the season, I'm totally optimistic and it's fun having it on the background while I work on other things around the house. And it doesn't hurt that J.J.'s had homeruns in the last two games!!
- picking up Will Grayson, Will Grayson- I'm taking it slowly and savoring the story because I don't know when I'm going to get a new John Green book to read. Well that and I'm trying to get through Michael Perry's book Truck: A Love Story before he comes to speak on campus on Monday night.
- my new water bottle- I bought a water bottle from Mocha Club. I love it. I've been carrying it around everywhere. Which means I've been drinking more water and less caffeine. (She says as she finishes a Mountain Dew. I said less...not none.)
- getting Dave Barnes new CD/t-shirt- I love getting stuff along with my music purchases. I wasn't totally sure I'd like the shirt, but once again, I was wrong. I will talk more about the music in the Sunday wrap-up I'm sure. Maybe to prepare you should head to his website and listen to "Little Lies" and "God Gave Me You."
Comments
Post a Comment