I had so much fun hanging out with the girls this weekend. It was nice to just be able to chill a little and catch up with everyone. I may have to post a photo or two when I get home later. (EDIT: Added photos.)


We ended up eating at a few different local Dubuque restaurants. We did seafood, Greek, rustic Italian/cafe, hip American, and 2 different coffee shops while they were here. We also had fun frequenting local shops. I really do love showing off my city. The river walk was especially fun. Amelia had us doing statue interpretation, which involved us taking pictures of us modeling statues. It makes more sense when you see it. I'll have to post a pic when I get them from Amelia.
It was a nice break from the real (i.e. working) world where I am currently in the end stages of prepping my conference presentation and finishing and finalizing things for an online class I'm co-developing. Sadly all of that was still waiting for me when I got back to work today, but I'm feeling much more up to tackling it now that I've had a dose of my Cornell days again.
We ended up eating at a few different local Dubuque restaurants. We did seafood, Greek, rustic Italian/cafe, hip American, and 2 different coffee shops while they were here. We also had fun frequenting local shops. I really do love showing off my city. The river walk was especially fun. Amelia had us doing statue interpretation, which involved us taking pictures of us modeling statues. It makes more sense when you see it. I'll have to post a pic when I get them from Amelia.
It was a nice break from the real (i.e. working) world where I am currently in the end stages of prepping my conference presentation and finishing and finalizing things for an online class I'm co-developing. Sadly all of that was still waiting for me when I got back to work today, but I'm feeling much more up to tackling it now that I've had a dose of my Cornell days again.
Comments
Post a Comment