It's been a crazy week but I had so much fun.
- Books- I finally finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson! It was so worth savoring. It's all the best of David Levithan and John Green combined. You get the complex flawed characters who work together to figure out life, or at least the next few days. I'll want to re-read it soon, but I left it with Manda so she could read it once she's done with class work. I also started The Mental Floss History of the World this week. The subtitle is "An Irreverent Romp Through Civilization's Best Bits." I'm not too far into yet, but so far, that is a pretty accurate description. :)
- Movies- Manda and I took Gretchen's suggestion and went and saw "How to Train Your Dragon" Saturday night. It was so freaking cute. Goofy and a bit snarky, but a nice storyline too. If you haven't seen it, you should. However, I think it's pretty hilarious that all the vikings have Scottish accents except some of the kids. Loved hearing Craig Ferguson voice a character!
- Fashion- Manda and I went shopping for dresses too. I've got a faculty honors function that requires dressy clothes. I've got lots of work clothes, but not so many dressy ones. I figure I'll continue to need them, so shopping it was. I ended up with 2. One dressy, one more work dress (in black not pink). I'm going to have fun dressing that work one up and down. Give it the right jewelry and it'll be tres chic. Dress it down with my Rocket Dog flats and a cardigan, and it's young and hip. Yay for successful shopping trips. Also the best part was I saved more money than I spent. Love it!
Comments
Post a Comment