What a day of cleaning! Headache is gone, and I've gotten so much done today. The laundry room and bedroom are officially done. *Except for putting clean sheets on the bed.* I'm getting there. I just need to take it one room at a time. Maybe not rearranging practically every room would help speed up the process. ;) Onto the wrap up.
Music: I got my copy of Dave Barnes "What You Want, What You Get" in the mail this week. Even though, I just got it, I've been listening to it for about a month. Dave was nice enough to include a digital copy of the album when you pre-ordered it. So not only do I get a cd for the car, but I also got the immediate satisfaction of the digital copy. I really adore the first 2 songs on the album. "Little Lies" just gets stuck in my head in the best way. The catchy refrain starts it, but I easily move into the verse. There's nothing worse than getting a refrain stuck on an endless loop in your head. And I totally love "God Gave Me You." What a sweet song!
Books: I'm still working on Will Grayson. I'm only about 4 chapters in. I've got other things to get read on a deadline so it got bumped down the line. In the mean time, I'm reading Truck: A Love Story before tomorrow night because Michael Perry is going to speak on campus tomorrow. It's fun to read about small town northern Wisconsin. Having family up there and visiting as a kid, it feels familiar.
I'm also listening to Feed by M.T. Anderson. I think this is one of those books better heard than read. It's about a world where people have a "feed" (a constant internet stream) in their head. Listening to it, I get a chance to hear the ads like they are interrupting and the music instead of reading what it sounds like. I'm a big fan of the medium, and I think there are a few books that are better in audio than in print. this might be one of them.
Technology: Wireless!! I finally sucked it up and bought myself a wireless router. I was a little nervous I'd have trouble putting it together. Nope. Totally simple, and it works like a charm. It's nice not to be tied to the front room when I need the internet. I can watch streaming video in the bedroom, or listen to the Twins game streaming on MLB.com before I fall asleep.
Speaking of streaming radio, that's my other technology love of the week. Now that I'm following two different baseball teams that I'm in the blackout zone for (Brewers/Twins), it's nice to be able to follow them somehow. I know a lot of people aren't fans of listening to a ballgame on the radio, but there's just something about it that I love. I mean, I'd rather watch it if possible, but baseball, unlike some sports, is rather enjoyable on radio. There are so many quirks and little things that make a certain announcer unique. And you've never heard a game until you've heard Uecker call one.
Music: I got my copy of Dave Barnes "What You Want, What You Get" in the mail this week. Even though, I just got it, I've been listening to it for about a month. Dave was nice enough to include a digital copy of the album when you pre-ordered it. So not only do I get a cd for the car, but I also got the immediate satisfaction of the digital copy. I really adore the first 2 songs on the album. "Little Lies" just gets stuck in my head in the best way. The catchy refrain starts it, but I easily move into the verse. There's nothing worse than getting a refrain stuck on an endless loop in your head. And I totally love "God Gave Me You." What a sweet song!
Books: I'm still working on Will Grayson. I'm only about 4 chapters in. I've got other things to get read on a deadline so it got bumped down the line. In the mean time, I'm reading Truck: A Love Story before tomorrow night because Michael Perry is going to speak on campus tomorrow. It's fun to read about small town northern Wisconsin. Having family up there and visiting as a kid, it feels familiar.
I'm also listening to Feed by M.T. Anderson. I think this is one of those books better heard than read. It's about a world where people have a "feed" (a constant internet stream) in their head. Listening to it, I get a chance to hear the ads like they are interrupting and the music instead of reading what it sounds like. I'm a big fan of the medium, and I think there are a few books that are better in audio than in print. this might be one of them.
Technology: Wireless!! I finally sucked it up and bought myself a wireless router. I was a little nervous I'd have trouble putting it together. Nope. Totally simple, and it works like a charm. It's nice not to be tied to the front room when I need the internet. I can watch streaming video in the bedroom, or listen to the Twins game streaming on MLB.com before I fall asleep.
Speaking of streaming radio, that's my other technology love of the week. Now that I'm following two different baseball teams that I'm in the blackout zone for (Brewers/Twins), it's nice to be able to follow them somehow. I know a lot of people aren't fans of listening to a ballgame on the radio, but there's just something about it that I love. I mean, I'd rather watch it if possible, but baseball, unlike some sports, is rather enjoyable on radio. There are so many quirks and little things that make a certain announcer unique. And you've never heard a game until you've heard Uecker call one.
I so agree with you about Feed, it is so much better listened to then read. I love how the production differentiates between the "Feed" and main character's narration (his name escapes me at the moment).
ReplyDeleteI agree about listening to baseball. I am not a huge, listen to all the time fan, but I enjoy the sports commentators' comments when they broadcasting a game.
One of the high school librarians has had an awful time getting the kids to read Feed. I book talked the audio version, and I couldn't get the kids enough copies. Playing a really good part for them totally hooked them. This is the book that got me hooked on audio. LOVED it.
ReplyDelete